Team Beach Body

Team Beach Body
Today is the day to get that baby weight off. Lose those last 10 pounds. Get healthy!! Shakeology,P90X, and Insanity will get you there Fast. Click on the icon or go to www.teambeachbody.com/heathermcmullin If you sign up to be a coach you get 25% off! Questions? Email me at heathermmcmullin@gmail.com

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Family

5/21/11 10pm
Those who receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, possess a comprehensive understanding of the emphasis placed on the family. The dictionary loosely describes the family in two ways;

a. a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family.
b. a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.

Defined within the parameters of the Plan of Salvation, basically, the family unit, and the ward family. During Heather's surgery and recovery, both have been exceptional and absolutely essential. Our lives and well being have been sustained greatly by the love and charity of close family and friends. I understand and value the importance of the mother. However, long before the surgery the realization occurred; my best efforts in nurturing, support, and care for the children would not begin to approach the quality and efficiency maintained by Heather even in a debilitated state. The acceptance that your children will be negatively impacted in some way by the experience is painful. The focus promptly transitions to limiting such an impact. As posted previously, legions were organized and assembled to assist my family during a time of weakness and need. Priesthood blessings, visits from church leadership, offers to watch our children, and especially the nightly dinner meals are greatly appreciated and ensure our needs are met.

Thank you to the ward family for the love, consideration, and assistance. We have witnessed the Elders Quorum, Relief Society, and other groups at their finest. Excellent people and remarkable organizations to whom we are very grateful.

Thank you friends and extended family for your concern and prayers. The support and spirit certainly continue to be felt.

Lastly, thank you Martha McMullin (Heather's mother-in law) and Kathi Scott (Heather's mother) for managing and coordinating everything at home. Your kindness and efforts provided me the opportunity to accompany Heather in the hospital during the surgery and in-patient recovery; when she needed me most. I love you both and could not have attended to Heather appropriately without you.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Heather- I love you!! I am so grateful you are doing better and continue to pray and cheer for you! Your faith and example are a blessing to me.

Cade - Thank you for sharing your testimony and thoughts. I look forward to your posts. I feel like I have gotten to know you through the last couple of weeks. Our prayers are with you as well. It was my turn to teach sharing time today. My lesson was on the Priesthood. I don't think it was an accicent that I became aware of this example of the power of the preisthood days before my lesson. I felt the spirit as I shared the story of Joshua. Thank you for sharing your testimony and preisthood with his family. It not only blessed Joshua, but my testimony and the testimonies of my Primary kids grew.

Much Love,
Angie

Summer said...

Cade, thank you so much for these updates. I wish I had thought to read your blog sooner, I have been worried sick and have received updates from friends and family. I was planning to come to Glendora to help last week and was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital myself with an infection in my leg. I was there for three days and can honestly echo your testimony of the love and support given by a great ward. I am SO grateful you guys have had so much help and support since Heathers surgery. I am starting feel better myself and really want to come and provide whatever service is needed. Maybe I can pick up the kids for a few days or even take them out for a day of fun if it would give you and Heather some time alone to recuperate. I feel HORRIBLE that I have not been there to help. You guys truly are like family to us so PLEASE let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help. We love you guys and have been praying for you. Please pass our love along to Heather as well.
Also, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Joshua and his family. What an amazing experience for you to be an instrument in the hands of our Heavenly Father. I am so glad he is doing well and will pray that his condition continues to get better also. Thank you for sharing your experience and strengthening my testimony of the power of the Priesthood.

Angie said...

Hope Heather is doing great and that each day things are getting a little easier. Please give Heather my love and faith in her. I am confident that you will look back on this time and see the hand of the Lord in many experiences. He is so aware of you and your family right now as are all of your friends and family. Our prayers are with you all.