Team Beach Body

Team Beach Body
Today is the day to get that baby weight off. Lose those last 10 pounds. Get healthy!! Shakeology,P90X, and Insanity will get you there Fast. Click on the icon or go to www.teambeachbody.com/heathermcmullin If you sign up to be a coach you get 25% off! Questions? Email me at heathermmcmullin@gmail.com

Friday, May 13, 2011

Heather's Surgery (Update)

5/13/11 1:30pm
I apologize to all those that might have tried to glean information on Heather's status after surgery from the So Cal McMullins blog. Blogger was down last night when I tried to post an update and even deleted the pre surgery post I had written (I reposted it this morning).

Heather's surgeon, Dr. Igor Fineman, is an interesting individual and is different in many ways from my spine surgeon Dr. William Costigan. However, they both share an extreme confidence in their approach and ability. When I explained to Costigan following my surgery that the nerve pain was gone he responded, "of course it is, you think I am a hack?... pretty cool huh?" After Heather's surgery, with more of a quiet demeanor, Fineman said, "the surgery went perfectly." I like that word and do not believe there is a better word to describe the outcome of major surgery.

Heather continues to recover from what was obviously a very stressful and taxing experience for her person. She was moved to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) area immediately after the operation, which apparently is standard for any type of surgery involving the brain. Initially she was very pale and non responsive due to the anesthesia and continuous pain medications. However, despite the pain Heather appeared peaceful. Maybe somewhat relieved that after the many challenges our family has endured, in continuation each day is expected to improve the situation. Following a sleepless night of medical equipment sounds, nurse checks, and discomfort, today she is much more active. She communicates fine when not resting and has even stood, walked, and sat in a chair adjacent to the hospital bed.

A precautionary CT Scan earlier was negative and confirmed everything is as it should be. Heather will move from ICU to the normal recovery unit this afternoon and is anticipated to improve a bit each day.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the updates Cade. I am one of the DIVA's. I have been thinking about and praying for Heather like crazy. All of the Diva's have. I was going crazy last night wanting to know how her surgery went... in desperation I called her cell phone hoping it was at your home and someone could tell me she was okay! Sorry if I bothered anyone. Of all the days for blogger to be down! You guys are amazing. Please continue to give us updates. My four year old prayes daily that Heather's surgery won't hurt. Give her my love. THANKS.

Angie

P.S. Thanks for explaining the procedure and for sharing your testimony... it was awesome.

YiFamily said...

Thank you for posting updates. I really appreciate it. Please know that you are all in our prayers.If you need anything(food) please don't hesitate to ask. Tell Heather when she's ready I'll bring over some hot "brick toast"

Sending lots of love & prayers,

Stephanie Yi

Darcie said...

So glad to hear things are going well! Go Heather!!