4/27 Wednesday
Just grateful I got through the day. It was hard one.
4/28 Thursday
My symptoms have gotten worse, so today I had to go in for another MRI. Which was torture! I am not claustrophobic at all, but after 1 hours and 30 minutes in that machine I was going crazy. The last 20 minutes were brutal. I started getting flashes of anxiety. I was a good patient though and stayed still.
My Mom was so wonderful and took Carter to his baseball game and watched all three kids until Cade got home. With so many doctor appointments it gets crazy, but at the same time they are a HUGE blessing. What would we do with out the amazing doctors out there. We are so blessed to live in a time with such wonderful technology and intelligent people who want to be doctors.
4/29
Ever since I was a teenager I have been told that we are the chosen generation. Time and time again we were told this. One memorable time was at EFY. That has always stuck with me. I haven't really thought about it much until this week.
So many of my friends in the church are going through really tough hard trials. Trials that don't seem fair or last a long time. Cade and I have been going through really hard trials for about 3 years now and we won't be out of the woods for at least another year. I have this theory that the saints are being tried and tested so the Lord will know who the strong and faithful are. Who can with stand the worst of trials and yet still remain faithful. What if being the chosen generation means that we will be alive when He comes again to the earth?
So I ask you this, if you knew He was coming with in your life time and trials that seemed to hard to bear came. How would you react then? Would you remain faithful? Would the trials that came make you go inactive, leave the church? Or would the knowledge that Christ's second coming would come with in your life time be enough to make your faith stronger?4/30
Saturday's for us always start early. BASEBALL!!! Carter has a game almost every Saturday at 8am. We love it. When he gets on the baseball field he just beams. After the game the kids and I went down to the beach so Cade could study. (MBA)
When I was sitting on the beach watching my kids my head was pounding out of my mind. (When I sit or lay down it gets worse.) Then I started to feel a little sorry for myself and aggrivated. That is until I looked over and saw a gentleman who was quadriplegic. He was in a wheel chair, going down the pier. Enjoying the beach the best way that he was able to.
Instantly I felt foolish for my thoughts of feeling sorry for myself. Here was a man who had barely any function of his body yet he was out there experiencing life.
There is no cure for him.
As painful as my condition is and my brain surgery will be, there IS a cure for me. I am grateful that this is my trial and that being quadriplegic isn't. I thank my Heavenly Father for that beautiful moment of insight.






4 comments:
Heather, your thoughts are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing... it strengthens me. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this trying time! Love you girl. :)
I love you too roomie! Thanks for thinking of me.
:)
Thank you so much for your amazing insight and strength throughout this. You truly are chosen! I admire you so much and I am so thankful that you are one of my dearest friends. You can get through this. Love you!
Post a Comment