Cooper's first day of kindergarten I wake up at 6:30 am to make sure I would be ready before the kids. I was all prepared to ball my eyes out. I even had water proof mascara on, just to be safe. My Mom came over at about 7:30 am to watch Carter and Reagan to make it extra special for Cooper. We took the traditional pictures in front of the house and took off for his very first day in REAL school.....bracing myself for the flood of tears that would come. When we got there he was sooooooooooo excited he could hardly stand it. We filled out a little work sheet together, and he was off on the play ground. I watched him play....he never looked back at Mom, the whistle blew, he lined up, said good bye, and that was IT! He was like, "See ya MOM!" That's it? I mean really? I figured if he isn't crying then I guess I don't have to. Good thing I wore water proof mascara.....FOR NOTHING!!
The Sunday before the big day I made a back to school cake. I do that every year to get the kids excited for the year to come. They loved it. The recipe is on my recipe blog, Sauce Sensations link.
Finding his class with Grandma and Grandpa. Bryan, Kathryn, and Brynna came to, but I only got a pic of their rears and I don't think they would have wanted me to post it.
His class!!
Coop and Carter on Grandpa's legs.
Walking back to the car.
The big morning with my big boy.
About to say good bye for the day.
Picking my biggest boy up from his very first day. He was such a good boy and had so much fun his first day. His teacher seems adorable, seen in the blue shirt, and I am excited for this new school year. I can't wait for all the new experiences our little family will have this year.

















13 comments:
Yay for kindergarten!!! Kael loves school so much! It is such a relief to me that he does! By the way I believe you still have the book, somewhere in storage (:
K, first your family isn't little!
I freaking love the giant cheesy grins that Coop has in the first few pictures. I can tell he is really excited.
Is it just me or is he head and shoulders taller then most the other kids in his class?
I remember last years back to school cake! Wasn't it a school bus? You're so dang creative - I love it!
I still can't believe that he's already in kindergarten - YIKES!
How exciting! That is great that he loves school so much. And your cake was darling! I am so impressed!!
I'm with Megan, he looks so much bigger than everyone else. I love the moldings on your house they turned out awesome. Love the cake, you are a good mom and how in earth do you have a kid in kindergarten you look like you are 18.
I can't beleive you're kids are old enough for school! I can't get over the fact that we're not 19 still in Provo!
back to KINDERGARTEN!!! ahhh - I'm not sure I'm going to be as tear free as you were! kyle's first day is next friday and she's so excited but it's all day long and I'm sad to loose my little friend and helper! thanks for your good example!
i agree with megan & christy. ur family isnt small and u dont look a day over 18. way to go mama!!
wow heather, i cant believe he's in kindergarten already. i remember ur mom telling us u were prego with him!!! where has time gone???
He's so cute heather! Your cake idea im going to steal. That is such a great idea. What a good mom you are. I missed you on Wednesday night at orientation. I was hoping I would have somebody to talk crap with. Girls night soon?
What troopers...both mom and Cooper!
It must have felt good to see him so happy and ready for school! I know I would cry if my kids were crying! Have fun Cooper in kindergarten!!
okay...so amanda is SO RIGHT! you are super skinny. miss! AND your friends up north are nice and full! what's the trick...you HVAE to tell me because im a bit nasty flabby and i dont know if can look at it anymore...
I love your pictures!! Your kids are so cute and you are HOT!! Avery starts school on Thursday, I am excited for her and nervous all at the same time.
What a fun day! I love the first day of school it is so exciting! Brig things he is like the coolest kid ever cause he's in 1st GRADE!!! WOW! Looks like he had a good experience!
Post a Comment