Team Beach Body

Team Beach Body
Today is the day to get that baby weight off. Lose those last 10 pounds. Get healthy!! Shakeology,P90X, and Insanity will get you there Fast. Click on the icon or go to www.teambeachbody.com/heathermcmullin If you sign up to be a coach you get 25% off! Questions? Email me at heathermmcmullin@gmail.com

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dance Festival

Way back in November, I was called as the Stake Dance Specialist for this big event called the Dance Festival. Boy oh Boy was I in for a lot of work. I had to come up with a master plan of how to teach ALL of the youth in Glendora 5 dance numbers. Boggled my mind at first. But after a lot of thought and planning a plan was formed, dance teachers were called, and the plan was in action. Once the plan was in action I checked up on the youth and the teachers I called to see if I could help in any way and to see the progress that was made. FINALLY it is over. All the meetings in Riverside (an hour away), all the mid week check ups and all the CRAZINESS is over. I do have to say that it was stressful at times, caused tension at times, but all in all it was worth it. The kids did great and had a wonderful time. Most importantly they got to see that they are not the only members out there. A little over 2600, yes 2600, youth participated. That would be about 12 stakes. Truly amazing that something of this scale could be accomplished. Many hands, many hours, and a lot of prayer and help from our Father in Heaven.

My sis and I at the Sat performance.

This pic doesn't even get 12 the kids in the frame. My kids weren't even out there and I almost cried. It was truly amazing.

One of the dance formations. My camera ran out of batteries at this point. I was so sad.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Heather - Dance Festival is a lot of work! I was part of it in Portland 3 years ago. It is amazing to see ALL the youth out there at once. It was a very spiritual experience but A LOT of work too! I am glad survived.

MEG said...

Heather you are amazing! I heard about the whole dance festival calling experience from Cade - and I know it was an inspired thing because you are the perfect person to put something like that together. Looks like a lot of kids and a lot of work!