Physically today wasn't so bad. Days like this are so much easier to get through. Better yet my Mom came to visit. Some days we help each other feel better. I don't know if I was much help to her, but my babies sure loved that she came.
Today I am grateful for our families commitment to the gospel. Until recently I haven't really felt discrimination, resistance, or the need to really stand strong in our beliefs. Cooper is starting football soon and we have already had to stand strong. Before we even signed up we talked to the coaches and made sure that Cooper would not be punished for not playing the Sunday games. That of course means that he would have to miss 4-5 games. I really appreciate the fact that the coaches were willing to respect that. There were also a few other instances. I don't want to hash it all out here, but suffice it to say Cade had to stand strong again. Not in an in your face way, in a strong matter of fact way. Again the other coaches respected that and in some cases a friend defended him before Cade had to say something.
What I find more and more is that this is going to happen time and time again in life. In the work place, among friends, in sports...etc... What is important is that our standards must not change. Ever. No matter what.
In the work place Cade's co-workers know that he doesn't drink. Because he has already established this as his standard, they respect him for it, and don't even ask him if he wants a drink. I think some people feel as if they have to change their standards to get a promotion or to fit in, in a situation. Quite the opposite. Heavenly Father will bless us if we stand strong. I am so grateful for a family and friends who stay strong in their convictions. It is such a good example to my babies and I. I am blessed to have such people in my life.






1 comment:
Heath-
Check your email. I just sent you one. I am sorry things are hard right now. You can do this!!
xoxoxo
Ang
P.S. I love your hair dark. SO cute.
Post a Comment