Team Beach Body

Team Beach Body
Today is the day to get that baby weight off. Lose those last 10 pounds. Get healthy!! Shakeology,P90X, and Insanity will get you there Fast. Click on the icon or go to www.teambeachbody.com/heathermcmullin If you sign up to be a coach you get 25% off! Questions? Email me at heathermmcmullin@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day 4

Day 4
On this day we left David and drove to Bocas Del Toro.















This was our hotel in David.
Bocas Del Toro is on the Caribbean side of Panama. The drive was amazing and interesting to say the least. I guess Panama had a 100 year storm and it washed out like 20 places along the mountain road. In Panama they really don't mark the dangerous areas on a road. The most we saw was a pot hole traced in yellow spray paint. There were no blinking lights or signs telling you that, OH HALF THE ROAD WAS GONE!!! Holy crap!!! You would be driving and then all of a sudden the road would be GONE!















Like this.





And this.




Yeah this is where the road was supposed to go. It got washed down the cliff. luckily the other side of the road was still in use.....barely!




Some more fences. These were just branches that they put in the ground. Now they are trees! I thought it was amazing. This is how it looks all over the country.











A lake we saw on the drive.







If you look close you can see huts. I think the Guaime or the Kuna Indians live in them. You see these huts along the entire drive in the mountains. Most of the houses were right off the highway. I would see a four year old and a two year old just walking along the highway. It was crazy to me. You would never see that in the US. The kids were totally used to it though.








And then there was this little friend. Cade was using the restroom and he went to go get some water(that is how they flush their toilets) and this huge spider was under the water jug. So naturally Cade went and got ME.
HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cade thought maybe it was a tarantula. I said no honey that is NOT a tarantula. Well come to find out is a Banana Spider aka the wandering spider. Don't worry it is only the most poison es spider in all of Panama. Up until now I hadn't really seen to many bugs. Well from this point on I was officially bug freaked out.









When Cade started poking at him he got up on his back two legs and was swaying back and forth. He was a pissed little sucker.











He was striking and mad as all get out. Cade told the gas attendant to do whatever he wanted to do with him. He squished him. Good choice......creepy goose bumps!!!!!!!!!!!











So we finally got to this little town on the water. It is called Arihan. When I got out of the car I stopped and said, "Um, honey.....where are you taking me." This city was really really run down and sorta creepy, so I had to take a pic. The water around these homes was filthy and disgusting. I will explain why is a min.













So we go in to this little purple and yellow place with all the BARS on it. Sweet.














Then we took a water taxi. Here are some pics from the boat ride over to Bocas. The little shacks in the pic above are TOILETS! You read me right....POTTIES. They go poopie right into the ocean. I think we saw a terd floating when we were waiting for the water taxi.













Homes along the way.









































A ship wreck and my husbands mitt he calls a hand.














Finally we arrived to one of the most beautiful places in the world. The island of Bocas Del Toro. We checked into our hotel quick and then went scuba diving. Yes people I went scuba diving. It was the most amazing fun beautiful fun wonderful experience ever. I get the pics back from our underwater camera tonight and will post them as soon as I can. I LOVED IT!













Gettin' ready to go.














Dinner that night. Such a fun day!!

2 comments:

MEG said...

The pottys remind me of in China when you get on a train. The potty is just a hole in the floor of the train and you poop right down onto the tracks. If you look out the window you can see kids playing along the train tracks. SO NICE. I think it's a good experience to see what the majority of the world lives like.

Life with the Warrens said...

that spider totally freaked me out. glad you got home safe and sound!