Team Beach Body

Team Beach Body
Today is the day to get that baby weight off. Lose those last 10 pounds. Get healthy!! Shakeology,P90X, and Insanity will get you there Fast. Click on the icon or go to www.teambeachbody.com/heathermcmullin If you sign up to be a coach you get 25% off! Questions? Email me at heathermmcmullin@gmail.com

Sunday, July 13, 2008

LAKE POWELL

So I am finally getting around to posting LAKE POWELL. Do I always have to write LAKE POWELL in caps...why yes. And why is that? Because it is the best vacation in the world!! I have just been really really busy....sorry. So with out adiu...here is LAKE POWELL!!

We always stay in the Green River Hotel the night before we arrive at Lake Powell. We arrived at about 4:30 in the morning. We got a bit of a late start and I was beyond tired. Cade slept with Coop and I slept with Reagan and Carter. I thought Carter and Reagan looked so cute. I love that their heads are touching. I had about 12 inches to the left of Reagan to sleep. YAY for Mommy.

One of our most favorite illegal activities is cliff jumping. I used to jump off 80 ft. cliffs. Ever since I got married and had kids, well....I am just a big fat wuss butt and opt not to go. Everyone else had fun though. Cooper jumped of the biggest cliff ever. We told him to jump off a smaller one, but he marched right over to the big boys and went for it. He kept saying you go first to everyone and then once everyone had gone he plunged right in with Grandpa. Brave little sucker!!


I had to single out the pic of Christy and I floating out in the water. Does anyone notice anything wrong with us? Answer: No children attached. HEAVEN!!


It was so much fun to dress Reagan in all of her swim suits. Why are girls so much dang fun?

Do you see the tube that John is holding up? Do you think that Cade and John could DIVE through that tube? If you said no then you are sadly mistaken. The first time they both got stuck and then it happened....they dove through the tube. If you look close you can see the tube around John's waist in the pic on the top left and around Cade's feet on the bottom left. Miracles do happen and hairy armpits ROCK!!!!

Arranged marriage anyone? The older my kids get the more and more I see the wisdom in this. Hey a Mom can dream can't she?

Oh my goodness!! Here is the worlds most unflattering pic, but I LOVE IT and I will tell you why. First of all, it perfectly shows off our lion manes styled by the lake itself. Secondly, one of the highlights of the trip is going to the marina for some ice cream. And third, by the end of the week you have eaten so much dang food, why not shove another ice cream in our pie hole. Please don't over look John making everyone RANDY.


This may not seem like a picture of much, but it was one of the most frustrating days of my life! I HATE CROWS! I HATE CROWS! I HATE CROWS! Can I make that any more clear? Here is what happened. Flash back to before LAKE POWELL. Picture Heather making two pans of delicious crock pot steak and two pans of yummy potatoes...hard work. Now fast forward to LAKE POWELL and picture Heather putting her meal out to defrost on the top deck, leaving for a day of touring, then coming back to the house boat to find THIS!!! All of my beautiful food EATEN BY THE FREAKIN' CROWS!!! Can you believe it? I was truly in shock. I mean what in the freaking world. There was not a morsel of steak left. All there was was bird poop and crumbs. I seriously wanted to cry. I hope the crows blew up from all of the food they ate. DIE!!!!!

Every day on the house boat has a theme. Pirate Day, Fathers Day, Mexican Day, Hawaiian Day, Sports Day, and All American Day. I Love the themed days. They are so much fun. Martha plans it all and brings fun things that that have to do with the days theme. For pirate day there was a treasure chest with pirate booty inside. Cade and John hid the pirate chest and left clues for the boys to follow. They clues were pirates names. I loved it!!!

For Mexican day we had a pinata and Mexican food of course.

Rainbow bridge used to be one of the seven wonders of the world. It is so beautiful. You just have to hike to get there. Let me tell you how fun it is with 3 kids. At least you burn a million calories while carrying a kid on the hike. Maybe it helped me not gain 7 pounds. I only gained 6!! Yup 6 pounds in one week. Sweet huh?

Cole actually carried Coop 1/2 of the way back. What a studly Uncle. We love you Cole you are the best!!



Of course we always do a lot of swimming. I love the picture of the boys sleeping on the floor of the boat. When you are gone all day long on a tour, well....that is the only place to take a nap.

Cooper kept turning to the camera as he was jumping off the slide. Who's Mom takes a billion pictures? Cooper's Mom! YAY!!!!

This is a little video I like to call flying John. Watch to find out why.

Why is it I ALWAYS get hurt tubing? This year Cade was doing the circle of death and our tube hit a wave and well, I went flying. I tried to hold on and that was the biggest mistake ever. I ended up bending and hitting my Dad's head/chest with my back then flopping, like a rag doll, into the water. Let me tell you how good that felt. My sweet husband massaged my back like 3 times that day. Just so everyone knows, it is not a good idea to hit someones head with your back. It hurts. Bad.

Pics of the kiddies. Notice Carter fell asleep with the lollie in his hand.

The annual hike to the Indian ruins. So fun.

Brynna sure loved the hike!!

We met up with some of our friends who were out of the lake the same week we were. It was SOOOOO much fun to see everyone. It was even more fun to get 4 Dad's, 8 boys, and a little baby girl, on a couch to take a pic. Let's just say the noise level wasn't at it's lowest. It was so fun to see you guys!! We love you!!

And the last pic of the trip. Thank you Martha and Crea for another amazing year. And Thank you John and Christy for flying across with your cute boys to see us!! LAKE POWELL always goes by way to quickly. At the beginning of the week you think oh goodie we have 7 days. Then you blink and it is over. Till next year!!!!

ENOUGH SAID!!!

13 comments:

Kristin said...

What a fun trip. And I have to say, your crow story sounds like the Birds movie! I would be furious too if they ate all the food I had worked on!!

amelia said...

HOW FUN - I love Lake Powell! Ha, and lake-styled hair, how true!

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I have so much to say. First of all I look totally pregnant in the ice cream picture. Maybe it was the 6lb weight gain. Yep, me too. 6lbs is actually a good year for me at Lake Powell. Usually I gain 10. Don't worry, I went back to Colorado and gained the other 4lbs in Heaven Dragon and Old Chicago food. LP was so much fun. I'm sad that we had to cancel last second for dinner in CA but that's life. Or in this case I guess death. I'm doing better. Thanks for your comforting words.

MEG said...

YAY FOR THE LAKE POWELL POST I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I LOVE the pictures!

Unknown said...

yay finally some new pics!!!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

I love that you guys have your annual trip! So much fun! Looks like you had way too much fun! LOVE IT!

raw mom said...

looks like a fun time! we love lake powell...and we live to close to not be there every year...hey we might be coming to cali in a few weeks...big maybe...but if we do, we'll call you FOR SURE this time!




ps...you are so blonde! do you love it? i just put in some highlights a few days ago...and i'm changing it today...maybe i should give it a chance...oh well.

Sharee said...

Cute picts. The theme days are a great idea especially for the little ones. You are a fun family it was good to see you.

MEG said...

I wanted to say that I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see pictures of you, Cade and the kiddies ALL THE TIME. I really feel like we've been able to be more connected with this whole blog thing - nerdy as it may sound.

Love you!

MEG said...

Okay now this is my third comment on this one post: sorry! Cade wanted me to have you add Tiffani and Dan Bates to to your friends list. He played football with Cade at Ricks and I worked with her here at Novell - small world! You can find their link on my blog.

Peace! MEG

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! That looked like so much fun! I love that you guys do themed days. Brilliant! The picture of Raegan and Carter sleeping together is precious and you are ONE HOT MAMA!!!!!!!

Darcie said...

Oh Lake Powell... fun. I'm jealous.

Um, hello you, I made my blog private like 3 weeks ago and you still haven't accepted your invite. Go to your aol email account to get your invite!

mackmom said...

Great pics and blog, Heather. Where do you find time to do all that? You amaze me. This was a fun year at LAKE POWELL. I hope we gave your family the LP BUG. Love- Martha