Team Beach Body

Team Beach Body
Today is the day to get that baby weight off. Lose those last 10 pounds. Get healthy!! Shakeology,P90X, and Insanity will get you there Fast. Click on the icon or go to www.teambeachbody.com/heathermcmullin If you sign up to be a coach you get 25% off! Questions? Email me at heathermmcmullin@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Heather's update

I thought I would give you all an update on how I am doing now that I am finally strong enough to do so. I wanted to start by telling you all how much I love you. I have said this a million times before but service brings out the very best in someone and makes them shine so beautifully. It is difficult to even put into words how you have blessed my life.

I want to start by thanking my husband. I knew I married the most amazing person, but my goodness has he ever been my knight in shining armor. He has been so selfless and loving in every way possible. He always tells me how beautiful I am. Even when I couldn't wash my hair for a week and half. My hair was heavy with grease, had blood all over, matted, shaved in the back, and completely uneven, not to mention no make up and a swollen face. I know I looked a mess and he still told me how beautiful he thought I was.

He was by my side in the hospital. Made sure that I was taken care of, got me every thing I needed whenever I needed it, slept on an uncomfortable bed even though he just had back surgery, helped me get up etc... When we got home he set his alarm through the night and gave me my medication. Every night he fills up pill boxes with my medication and puts what time to take them in permanent marker on the outside, and calls me through out the day to make sure I didn't forget to take them. When I couldn't get out of bed he brought me my food on a tray.
Has played the roll of Dad and Mom. Which is a difficult task and he does it so well. Signed up Carter for soccer, is making a pine wood derby car with Cooper and Carter. (Carter is making one just for fun and we said he could so he doesn't feel left out.) Took the kids to a baptism all by himself on Saturday, takes them to the skate park a ton because the kids love it. Takes them to church on Sunday. Makes sure they are bathed every night and reads scriptures and says prayer every night with our babies.

Thank you sweetheart for taking care of me. I love you more than anything in this whole world.

My Mom has also been such an angel in my life. I don't know what Cade and I would do with out her help. Because of her I don't have to worry about my babies. Any mother knows how much that means. After Cade's Mom left (she stayed for a week), she lived with us for two weeks and now she arrives at my house at 6:45 every morning, stays all day, and goes home when Cade gets home at about 5:30pm. She gets my kids ready for school, feeds them breakfast, packs their lunches and drives them to school. Takes care of Reagan all day long and does fun stuff with her. Picks the boys up from school, makes sure their homework is done and usually does something fun with them until Cade gets home. Basically she has to run my life until I am strong enough to do so. She is the most amazing Mom anyone could ever ask for. The peace of mind she has given me has allowed me not to worry about how much time it is going to take to heal. I am so blessed to have a Mom like her. I love you soooooo much Mom.

Martha, my Mother-in-Law is also so amazing. As soon as we told her that my surgery date had been moved up she booked a plane flight. The week she was here she was such a blessing. When she is taking care of my kids she does everything that I just said my Mom has been doing and I never have to worry. She has always made me feel so loved and part of the family. Every time we have ever needed her she doesn't even think twice. She books a flight right away and comes to our rescue. I love you!

As for me this is definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. Much harder than I had anticipated, even though Cade tried to tell me it was going to be really difficult. I thought nah it isn't going to be that hard for ME. Cha right. The whole chemical meningitis I almost died episode didn't help, but each day I am getting a little stronger. I have to.....or rather Cade has to keep reminding me to be patient with myself. A person that I have been in contact since I learned I had Chiari, Rick, put it this way, "Chiari recovery is measured in baby steps. It's the type of thing where each day you don't feel like you're getting much better. But then [you] have to think about what you were dong a week ago or a month ago. That's how you tell if things are getting better. Essentially, it's like watching the grass grow!"

I am so thankful my Uncle Bruce put me in contact with Rick and his son. They have helped me fight the mental battle that goes on before and after major surgery. I will forever be grateful for their words of wisdom, friendship and advice.

I joke with Cade and tell him I am just like Rapunzel. I went from long blond hair to short brown hair. The lesson to be learned from that is where you place your self worth. I am so grateful that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has taught me my whole life not to place your self worth on your outward appearance. What really matters is what is in the inside. How beautiful are you when everything on the outside is stripped away. I would hope that you know how beautiful you are and that you have put focus on the things in this world that are most important.

Again I love you all so much. Even though I am pretty much trapped in my house I don't feel alone. Quite the opposite, I feel as if I have a whole army cheering for me and helping me to get better. When I do....watch out world!!! I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish when I am able.

Hugs and Love,
Heather

PS
I will post a pic of my battle wounds soon!!

6 comments:

MEG said...

Heather, you really do amaze me. You've handled the entire experience so gracefully. I think that the experience has made you more of a beautiful person then even before. Plus I think you look really good with short dark hair, but whatever. ;)

I love you, and I'm glad you are feeling better every day.

MEG

Heather McMullin said...

I love you too Meg!!!!!!!

Darcie said...

Heather, you are amazing! I'm in awe of you and how well you are handling this. And I love hearing about how wonderful Cade and your mom(s) are being to you. I'm glad you're getting through this! I'll keeping thinking and praying for you (and although you look great either way, I met you as a brunette, so I'll always prefer that for you :). Keep getting better!!

Nead Family said...

heather,
this is summer nead. wow....i can't believe all the trials you guys have had this year. you are one amazing mama! the lady i visit teach has a daughter who had/has chiari. it's such a unique name. she just had surgery and lived with her mom for a while to recover. they researched a doctor long and hard and her surgery went great and she is doing very well. i hope you keep improving each day. i have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. your testimony and strength (and Cade's) have been inspiring. i just thought it was crazy that you both had the same thing considering how rare it is. keep up the good work. what a blessing you have so much help! if you'd be interested in chatting with her daughter, email me spencerandsummer@hotmail.com
best wishes,
summer nead (spencer's wife byu football) :)

Heather McMullin said...

Summer!!!!
Thank you for your kind words. I need to email you so I can be invited to your blog again!

Love ya,
Heather

The Mortensen Clan said...

you are one amazing lady. I am so glad you have so many loving people around you. you and your family will be in my prayers.