This week was spring break. It was so nice to just relax with my kids and have fun with them. We usually have big plans and travel for spring break, but this year we didn't and it was really nice. We spent lots of time in Newport with my parents and just spent time together. On Thursday my friend Summer called up and said let's go to the beach. So we packed up and went. We had a fun day playing in the ocean, kayaking, boogie boarding, and playing with Summer's four kids, Brigham, Joseph, Paul, and Benjamin. After the beach and Summer went home we went on our traditional bike ride to Great Mex, (the best Mexican food EVER), Reagan actually rode the whole way!!! Round trip is 5 miles! Cooper now rides one of the BIG bikes, the one that he loves the chain sometimes falls off. On the last two rides my Dad has been instructing Cooper how to fix it if it falls off and he is not around to help him fix it. Well, when I was putting the kids to bed (we stayed at my parents house) I told Cooper after I got the other two to sleep I would come and tickle his back. He loves this! I love it to. It gives me a chance to connect with Coop and talk about his world. One of the questions I asked him was what the favorite part of his day was. I thought he would say playing at the beach with Brigham. Not even close. He said the favorite part of his day was fixing the bike chain all by himself!!!! I freakin' love it!!! He also told me that he doesn't like my hair in a messy bun. (I had my hair up because we were at the beach and didn't feel like dealing with it.) To use his exact words he said, "Mom I like it when your hair is down and smooth. You look like a chick that way." I replied, "So you don't like my hair in a bun?" Cooper, "no." Well then.....good thing I rarely do my hair in a bun!
Another fun story
One day the kids were playing hide-n-seek. I was getting ready. I needed Coop for something so I was calling him and he wasn't answering. Finally I found him in the corner of my room by my jewelry chest. He was quiet. I asked him what he was doing.
Coop, "Mom why do you have my teeth in here?"
*I keep his the teeth he has lost in the bottom drawer of my jewelry chest. Does nobody else do this? My friend Christa thought it was the grossest thing ever??
Mom: What are you doing in there? You know you are not allowed to be in my jewelry chest.
Coop: Tell me the truth Mom. Are you the tooth fairy?
Mom: (Looking as hurt as I can...holding back a smile with all my might) Cooper why would you think that? Do you not believe in the tooth fairy?
Coop: Mom tell me the really truth. (said with the seriousest of all serious expressions)
Mom: (shocked and amazed) NO! I am not the tooth fairy why would you think that?
Coop: Mom there are four teeth in here and I have lost four teeth.
Oops.....
Mom: (thinking as fast as I can....still holding back laughter and any sort of smile.) No Cooper I am NOT the tooth fairy. I promise.
Coop: (still not buying it) Mom tell me the TRUTH.
Mom: Ok Cooper. You want to know the truth? (Cooper looking very hopeful) I called the Tooth Fairy and asked her if I could have your teeth after she was done with them. That's the truth.
Coop: Really?
Mom: Yes, really. (sealing the deal/feeling triumphant) And if you don't believe she is real then she won't come any more and give you money when you lose a tooth.
For now my little/huge boy still believes....if I don't flub it up!! Seesh!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I have Jake's in my jewelry box too! Yikes, good save Heather. I think Jake is starting to understand though.
You are hilarious! I can't lie at all so I am impressed at your quick witted reply about asking the tooth fairy for his teeth. ha! too funny. And I'm jealous of your Spring Break! kayaking at the beach... beach cruiser rides... Great Mex... so many fun memories from our Diva reunion! We are headed out to Cali with the fam first of July.. a ways down the road still... but we will have to get together.
Hi Heather- I love this- I still have some of Cade and Megan's teeth- not to mention Cole. Cooper needs to believe! HA!
Post a Comment